- For cell lines not included in our SNP typing data base, we recommend human cell line authentication using STR profiling
- Analysis of the following markers: CSF1PO, D2S1338, D3S1358, D5S818, D7S820, D8S1179, D13S317, D16S539, D18S51, D19S433, D21S11, FGA, TH01, TPOX, vWA, and the gender marker Amelogenin
- Includes all relevant markers of ANSI/ATCC ASN0002-2011. Authentication of human cell lines: Standardization of STR profiling
- Authentication of newly-established human cell lines or sublines by genotyping paired donor and derived cell line samples
To be done by Multiplexion
- STR profiling of submitted cell line(s)
- Comparison of obtained signature to reference signatures at DSMZ, ATCC (optionally).
- Chromatogram of the DNA profile as PDF (optionally).
- Transfer of results to customer via Email (the report can be used as official certificate for granting agencies and peer-reviewed journals)
Usually 5-10 working days upon receipt of samples.
- Customers from Heidelberg can drop off samples in the building INF242 between 9 AM and 12 AM on Monday.
What to do with contaminated cell lines?
- Different contaminations require different actions. An overview can be found here.
- A database of misidentified or cross-contaminated cell lines can be found here. Please stop working with any of these cell lines.
- Problems with contaminations? Our check list for sterile work may help.
Please note: This service is FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. Do not use in diagnostic procedures.