- For murine cell lines, we recommend cell line authentication using STR profiling
- Analysis of the following markers: 18-3, 4-2, 6-7, 9-2, 15-3, 6-4, 12-1, 5-5, X-1 nach Almeida et al. (2014) Mouse cell line authentication. Cytotechnology 66: 133-147
- Authentication of newly-established cell lines or sublines by genotyping paired donor and derived cell line samples
- Data base screen not possible at the moment due to lack of publicly available murine cell line data base
To be done by Multiplexion
- STR profiling of submitted cell line(s)
- Chromatogram of the DNA profile as PDF (optionally).
- Transfer of results to customer via Email (the report can be used as official certificate for granting agencies and peer-reviewed journals)
Usually 5-10 working days upon receipt of samples.
- Customers from Heidelberg can drop off samples in the building INF242 between 9 AM and 12 AM on Monday.
What to do with contaminated cell lines?
- Different contaminations require different actions. An overview can be found here.
- A database of misidentified or cross-contaminated cell lines can be found here. Please stop working with any of these cell lines.
- Problems with contaminations? Our check list for sterile work may help.
Please note: This service is FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. Do not use in diagnostic procedures.