- Our cost-effective alternative to classical STR-profiling
- Identification of human cell lines by Single Nucleotide Polymorphism (SNP)-profiling
- Complete genotype information is compared to reference database (currently comprising 900 distinct STR-Profiling authenticated human reference cell lines, Overview)
- In contrast to STR-Profiling, also widely used cell lines with mutations in their mismatch repair genes can be robustly authenticated
- Detection of up to 10% cross-contaminating cells from another human cell line (depending on relatedness of cell lines)
- Authentication of newly-established human cell lines or sublines by genotyping paired donor and derived cell line samples
To be done by Multiplexion
- SNP profiling of submitted cell line
- Comparison of obtained signature to reference signatures
- Transfer of results to customer via Email (the report can be used as certificate for granting agencies and journals)
Samples submitted are run in even calendar weeks, with results emailed usually by end of the week.
- Until February 2020: Customers from Heidelberg can drop off samples in the building INF242 between 9 AM and 12 AM each Monday.
- Starting from March 2020: Customers from Heidelberg can drop off samples in the building INF242 between 9 AM and 12 AM each Friday.
- External customers should ship samples to the lab to be received by Friday for inclusion in the next week's processing schedule. Samples received Monday through Friday of any given week will be held and processed the following testing week.
How to cite the service?
What to do with contaminated cell lines?
- Different contaminations require different actions. An overview can be found here.
- A database of misidentified or cross-contaminated cell lines can be found here. Please stop working with any of these cell lines.
- Problems with contaminations? Our check list for sterile work may help.
Please note: This service is FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. Do not use in diagnostic procedures.